Friday, 8 April 2016

Sprint 2 Reflection- Luke Byrne

Team: ESD

Personal and Team Reflection's:

From my previous blog entries(found Here and Here) I have gone in to detail as to what my project for this sprint about. Not much can be added to this however I do think it turned out better than I expected. There is an added system to guess the best colour from a list of colours that makes for a more accurate reading. 

I have found from this sprint both myself and David took on a stronger role within the group. The ESD team had many projects on the go and we went around making sure everyone had an idea as to what job they where doing and seeing who needed help. I think from a Team perspective we did well. All of Team ESD completed the tasks they where assigned and progression was well within the group. 

From an overall Teamwork assignment there was not much communications between mechanical and ESD. This led to one or two miss communications. For instance the servo motor controller thread was not assigned to anyone. I think an overall project manager could have been appointed to micro manage the two teams. This persons job would be to go around and insure all the work was getting done and would be an intermediary between the teams. It would mean that no-one could deviate from the original plan but would see an increase in efficiency within the group as everyone would be aware as to what they where supposed to do.

Technical Reflection:

The final iteration of the teams project saw different groups form to combine their projects. My group consisted of Kamil and David and saw the combination of our codes as one (found Here). This took some time to get together as you would expect but in the end the colour was detected and passed through Kamils Threading System to the arduino serial interface to turn on the LED's to ther required colour as well as being passed to Davids Speech program for the colour's name to be outputted.

As noted before the colour within the area being viewed is not exactly the colour that is placed before it. This is due to ambient colour in the room. It is possible to narrow down this effect through the use of hard coding each of the colours and their ranges. This would reduce the possibilities of the range of colours to a handful and would see light greens and light yellows combining as one to name but a few. although this is possible I am unsure as to if it is the best course of action.

Next Sprint:

For the next sprint I have a number of Recommendation:

  1. The Current projects are re-enforced: By this I mean that some of the projects still need a fair bit of work in order for them to be complete. I think focusing on what is left and get them to a demo-able stage is needed and should be our highest priority. Colour and Shape Game

  2. Colour and Shape Game: If there is time towards the end of the sprint I think this addition will make the world of difference or at the very least will make a good addition to the next year to take over the Lamp. Improvements

  3. Improvements to the Colour Detect: As of the moment I find myself within the ESD side helping to  incorporate my project into different aspects of the Lamp. Hengs GUI is the interface between the visions projects and the user and as such we are working to get the colour detect working along side it. After this is complete I would like to get back to having a look and seeing what improvements could be made to the colour detect program.



Luke, 7th blog entry

No comments:

Post a Comment